25th February, 2019
Statement on Fire Sentry Systems Ltd BREXIT Contingency Plan
The UK will leave the European Union on Friday, March 29th 2019 at midnight.
At Fire Sentry Systems, we have been working to assess and mitigate the likely impact to you, our customers under a variety of potential outcomes. Given the continued uncertainty, we are now focusing our efforts on preparing for a “No Deal” Brexit.
Fire Sentry Systems Ltd has been bringing the latest fire and life safety technologies and solutions to the Irish market since 2004. We have worked tirelessly to develop meaningful relationships with our trusted supplier partners, many of whom are based and/or manufacture in the UK to bring you genuine products via the shortest, greenest route.
Service & Supply
Our fundamental objective is now to ensure continuity of service and supply and to minimalise any delays. We have been liaising closely with our supplier partners in the event of a “ No Deal” on the following
- Increased production – To ensure additional finished stock is available
- Certification of products – To ensure certification by a recognised European certifying body
- Customs Duty/Import Vat – We are now registered with an EORI Number (Economic Operator Registration & Identification) number and continue to liaise with Revenue and government bodies.
What you need to know
If you wish to purchase spare parts for your existing system at current prices, we are happy to assist. At this stage, we fully expect to fill any orders placed on/or before Friday 15th March, 2019 in the normal manner.
Project prices may be affected. Please contact our Support Office on 051 448774 if you have a project related query.
In the event of “No Deal” you may need to allow for the following:
- Increased order lead times
- Additional fees to cover duties, tariffs and associated costs
We will of course continue to monitor and review our position as more information becomes available and assure you that we are doing all we can to limit the impact to you.
For and on behalf of Fire Sentry Systems Ltd