Guardian Fire & Safety achieved EcoMerit certification in 2013 and has proudly maintained same year on year.
We are committed to minimising our environmental impact. Some of the measures we take include the following:
- We monitor our own environmental performance and measure our carbon footprint.
- We implement environmental improvements year on year for e.g. in January 2023, we took the lead on the shift from (AFFF) Portable Fire Extinguishers in advance of the total prohibition on the purchase, training, testing and application of AFFF due in 2025. We replaced the Foam (AFFF) with our Green Series Portable Fire Extinguisher which is a direct alternative when there is no class B risk. The Green Series contains water only with no additives so its contents are harmless to the environment. In addition, it has been designed for the Irish market and to compliment all the requirements contained within Irish Standard 291. Find out more here.
- We manage all our WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) in accordance with the WEEE directive. WEEE Registration Number IE 01875W. Click here for details on WEEE Take Back.
- We currently run a fleet of fuel-efficient diesel vehicles. In 2022 our fleet contributed to 89.46 Tonnes of Co2 or 90% of our overall emissions. We are actively assessing the opportunity to reduce our carbon footprint and are presently undertaking a feasibility study on alternative fuels for light goods vehicles including HVO (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil) and EV (Electric Vehicles). We also introduced our first EV company car in August 2023.
- We work closely with our trusted supplier partners to ensure we bring the latest technologies to market via the shortest, greenest route thus reducing transport and mileage. Check out links below to some of our supplier partner green credentials.
- We reuse cardboard and packaging associated with incoming goods.
- We only use sustainably sourced paper in our printers and with all print materials.
- We constantly monitor all materials used and replace with environmentally friendly alternatives when available e.g. In 2022, we switched to a 100% paper packaging tape for all our outgoing deliveries.