Ethical and sustainable business is rooted in our culture and values. It is central to “how we” do things here at Guardian Fire & Safety.
We have applied ISO 26000 as a guide, integrating social responsibility into our every day practices, decisions and relationships. To support this, we have engaged with a professional ethicist, undertaking a CSR/Ethics Audit, creating a unique organisational CSR/Ethics pyramid and participating in CSR/Ethics training.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN PRACTICE
SOCIAL & ECONOMIC
- We are committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants seeking work.
- We are a signatory company with the INTREO Employment and Youth Activation Charter.
- We are fully tax compliant
- We are committed to sustainable and transparent pricing
- We operate a responsible sourcing programme
- We shop local where possible
Each year we support at least one local project/organisation by offering our services on a pro bono publico basis. Beneficiaries over the years have included:
- Ros Tapestry
- New Ross Boat Club
- St.Michael’s Theatre
- Wexford Chamber of Commerce
We also support a number of charities and worthy causes throughout each year, some of which are selected by our team members. County Wexford Hospice Homecare was our chosen charity for 2015 selected by Engineer, John Ryan. In 2016, Lead Installer, Denis Moynihan chose Make – A – Wish, Ireland which grants wishes for children between the ages of 3 and 17 years living with life threatening medical conditions and in 2017 our team selected the NET Patient Network in memory of our dear Mentor, Colm O’ Callaghan.
Volunteering is also encouraged and supported here at Guardian. The STEPS programme with Engineers Ireland is one such initiative we are involved in. This promotes engineering as a profession at primary and post primary level. Interested in having us visit your school? Contact us today.
Margaret Goldsmith, Guardian Fire & Safety speaks to the QQI 4 Catering and Hospitality group at Youth Train Wexford on “Preparing for and maximising work placement opportunities”
If you are an individual, local charity or group that could benefit from our volunteering or community support, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you!
We consider the wider environmental implications of our actions at all times and are committed to the adoption of responsible practices and policies.
- We monitor our own environmental performance and measure our carbon footprint
- We implement environmental improvements year on year
- We manage all our WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) in accordance with the WEEE directive
- We do not discharge fire extinguishers during maintenance and training where it has the potential to enter groundwater
- We run a fleet of fuel-efficient diesel vehicles
- We only use sustainably sourced paper in our printers and with all print materials
- We have been EcoMerit certified since 2013
In 2016 we received the great honor of accepting Runner Up in the Corporate Social Responsibility category of Wexford Business Awards.